Thursday, April 12, 2007

Minutes of the meeting March 15, 2007

Board Meeting for 3/15/07

6:00 Cheer Meeting:

Present are Lisa, Erin, Tasha, Austin, Mindy, Cliff, Christy, Paula and Patti.

Looked at options for cheer uniform packages from different companies. GTM had the best price for the package the board is looking for, will up grade shoes.

7:00 Board Meeting:

Present are Jim, Lisa, Erin, Mike Dillon, Mindy, Cliff, Christy, Paula and Patti.

-Cheer- Cost of Cheer uniform package will be $200 from GTM with up graded shoes.
-Motion by Patti to accept GTM offer of upgraded shoe and cost of package at $200.00, 2nd by Cliff, motion passed.
-Cliff will discuss with GTM about a 20% discount for merchandise purchased if we promise to commit for three years.
-Motion by Cliff to commit to GTM for 3 years with the 20% discount provided we are all satisfied with merchandise, 2nd by Mindy, motion passed.
-Cliff will investigate on buying new cheer mats.
-Cheer discussion shelved and tabled.
-Secretary report: Minutes of last meeting approved.
-Treasurers report: GTM account is settled and they have been paid. All is well, treasurer’s report approved.
-See’s Candy issue: People that have ordered and paid still have not received candy. Motion by Cliff to pay people money paid for candy that will not be delivered, 2nd by Mindy, motion passed.
-HLA Report: We will be going back to Regional Championships. Board will discuss at a later date about having Bowl Games.
-Discussion on having a Tiny Mite committee, Jim volunteered to put this together. Coaches should be educated on rules, interpreting rules and enforcement of rules.
-Motion by Jim for Start Date:
Thursday, August 2nd, 6:00 pm – Admin Day – All Teams
Introductions, paperwork, Tigerton handouts, break out into teams for parent meeting, conditioning.
Friday, August 3rd, 6:00 pm – Instruction Day – All Teams
Instruction on proper conditioning.
Saturday, August 4th, Time TBD – Equipment issue Day
Equipment issued at the Connex behind Fire Station on County Road.
Monday, August 6th, 5:00 – Traditional Practice begins
Traditional conditioning.
Monday, August 13th – Contact Day
Practice with physical contact begins.
Motion is 2nd and passed.
-Regional meeting: Recap on Roster program, we will use both systems this year. Discussion on DVD regarding Back Yard Drills and information on Calendars shelved and tabled for next meeting.
-Football equipment report from Mike Dillon: 145 helmets sent in for reconditioning, masks are being replaced. Need to purchase 10 to 20 shoulder pads. Some uniforms need to be replaced. 30 medium pants need to be ordered by next week. Field equipment: need to buy roll out vinyl stencils.
Motion by Jim to let Mike Dillon spend up to $5000.00 on replacing pants and jerseys, 2nd and passed.
-Sign ups: Physicals will be held on June 15th, downstairs at the Minden Medical Center. Discussion on Patti’s sign up process.
-Board approved for Lisa to be reimbursed for Wine Basket wrapping and flowers for Jim Decker’s funeral and to buy t-shirts and pee chees for sign ups.

End of Meeting.

No comments: